Villa Gemma – Mlini is a beautiful newly renovated villa located just 70m from beach in a small township Mlini.
Mlini is to be found a little way south of Dubrovnik just 9km.
Embraced by the sea and sheltered by mountains, Mlini has a mild and pleasant climate. Apart from or because of its peaceful sun, you enjoy swimming from spring to late autumn.
This charming villa is located in the pretty village of Mlini bay, a short wander from the various very nice beaches of Mlini bay, a good selection of cosy Mlini restaurants and quaint little harbour. Lovely old stone houses with terracotta roofs and fishing boats give complete the picture.
From here you can water taxi in to the Old Town of Dubrovnik and back from May to October, and you can also water taxi to Cavtat bay and Plat bay, or hop on a boat to explore the lovely local Elaffiti Islands off the coast. Villa Gemma is just 10 minutes drive from the stunning Old Town Dubrovnik which is a must-see, and it’s easy to get to many other little sea side villages along the coast too
There is a small grocery store close to the house, while a bakery, general store and metres further on there is a post office, a bank and a large supermarket. There are also regular bus lines to Dubrovnik or Cavtat stop close to the house.
Whatever you are looking for, Mlini is the place to stay and enjoy, for you and your family.
The villa is entered from the road which leads on down to Mlini. Steps from the parking area take guests up to the garden, with L-shaped pool and terrace with sun loungers. To the left is the villa entrance, which opens into a comfortable lounge area. A bright and airy conservatory with dining table and chairs gives guests the space to relax over dinner with views over the forest opposite the villa. To the right of the lounge is the well equipped kitchen, with second dining table and chairs. To the rear of the property is a double bedroom with en-suite shower room, and a twin bedroom with separate shower room housing a washing machine. One standard size twin bedroom and one small twin bedroom suitable for children only share one large family bathroom complete with a Jacuzzi bath.
Inside, the villa has everything you need – airy living room with a satellite TV provides for a perfect venue in which to relax. The villa is very homely with lots of interesting souvenirs from the villa owner’s sea captain days and travels. The well equipped kitchen will cater to the needs of those with serious cooking aspirations. Those who are on holiday to escape every day kitchen chores will enjoy the proximity of several restaurants and taverns….
Dubrovnik was the real life setting for ‘Kings Landing’ in the Hit HBO series ‘Game of Thrones’ – if you enjoyed the Dubrovnik episodes then it makes for a very interesting trip to see all the locations especially since Dubrovnik was a real life kingdom of its time and has some scintillating history of its own, not to mention the fabulous views and architecture…
Explore the wonders of Dubrovnik’s Old City Centre, a UNESCO heritage site and one of the most important living historical monuments in this part of Europe – Your expert guide will take you around this magical medieval town…
• Sleeps: (6+2) Inside area 140 sq m
• Number of bedrooms: 4 double bedrooms (1 actual double bed & 3 beds which can be used as doubles or twin beds) * See note below
• Bedroom 4: Please note: there are 4 bedrooms but the 4th bedroom does not have windows to the outside as it is an interior room. It is close to the living room which does have fairly large windows and we usually suggest it be used as a children’s/teenagers sleeping room – it doesn’t have its own air con unit like the main bedrooms but the two living room aircon units do cool the general area and guests usually fine this sufficient. Just ask us for more information if required.
• Features: Beautiful garden terrace with pool, close to the beach (garden area 350 sq m – Barbecue inc)
• Balconies: large terrace overlooking the sea over cypress and pine trees
• Dining Room: Kitchen has eating area with table
• Number of Bathrooms: 3 (two with shower cabins, one with hydro massage tub
• Parking: yes
• Mobility Rating: 1 – Car Recommended: not necessary but optional
• Sat TV, Internet, Wi Fi: yes
• Air Conditioning: yes – each of the 3 main bedrooms has an aircon unit and there are two aircon units in the living room. The 4th sleeping room does not have its own aircon unit but does can usually be cooled sufficiently by the two living room air con units nearby.
• Washing Machine: yes
• Cot & High Chair available
• Pool: 21 sq m – (5.5m x 4,2m – depth 1.7m) open May – Sept inclusive – please enquire otherwise
• Beach: beaches just downhill 70 m from the property, 5 minutes walk (sandy/shingly beach is closest and then white pebble beach)
• Shop: 100 meters approximately – approx 5 minutes walk – there is a bakery up the lane and across the street and another one 50 metres away – there is also a big supermarket 1km away.
• Restaurants and bars: in Mlini Village approx 5-10 minutes walk – 100 meters approximately
• Bank: cash point is 10-15 minutes walk
• Internet café: 10 minutes walk into Mlini
• Pharmacy: 15-20 minutes’ walk (Srebreno) – a doctor & nurse team is also on hand during high season for tourist care
• Snorkeling: from Mlini,
• Scuba Diving: 100 meters
• Boat Trips & Water Taxi to the Old Town of Dubrovnik: from Mlini Bay
• Car/Passenger ferry: 25 minutes (Dubrovnik)
• Dubrovnik Old Town: 9 km
• Airport: 9 km – 20 minutes (Dubrovnik)